Subject: Newtek BBS News: Link-it Has Arrived. {Yahoo!}
From: John DeNicola <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 1996 11:31:29 -0800

[Message from NewTek Tech Support BBS]

From: JOHN CROOKSHANK                  -To-: WAVERIDER
Subj: Re: networking with pc           Area: LightWave Ha

On Tue 31-Oct-1995  8:22 , Waverider said to The Killer:

> -=> The Killer was overheard whispering to All <=-

>  TK> anyone have suggestions on how to network a pc to an amiga so I can
>  TK> render onto a par board on the amiga from LW on PC?

> There is some _vaporware_ out there called Link-IT! which is either
> a parallel or serial interface between  *ack* windows and AmigaDOS.

W> I have had a copy of the software on order since December 94.
W> They theoretically began shipping in September, but my dealer can never
W> get a copy of the software.
W> Maybe you can have more luck:

 Link-It! is out, we've had it in our store for a litte while now.

it allows file transfers between Amiga<->Amiga, Amiga<->PC, and PC<->PC by
using an included serial cable, or a "not released yet" parallel cable.
works with Win3.1 or Win95, but is limited to 8.3 filenames in the current
version. Sells for around $40, so it's OK for the price...
------------------------
John Crookshank
MicroTech Solutions, Inc.
[email-masked]
http://www.mt-inc.com/